Personal

Grieving Mariah

It’s a very difficult time for my family, as on Saturday evening our son Jeff’s wife Mariah died suddenly and unexpectedly. Mariah was just 25. Here are Jeff and Mariah on the day they told us they had eloped.

30415071_347322905757988_2793679671199217774_n

We saw Mariah for the last time on Easter Sunday. She came to our home, excited as we helped her figure out some key steps for her and Jeff’s future. All of Margaret’s kids got together briefly earlier in the day; here we all are. Aaron, Lain, me, Margaret, Jeff, Mariah, Zach, and Zach’s girlfriend Emma.

29694650_344367446053534_7945281490587240124_n

The blog will continue cheerfully for the next couple weeks as scheduled posts go live — but know we are devastated.

Goodbye Mariah Rawson! You and Jeff had a long, hard road ahead, but we believed in you.

Last updated on 2 March 2020 by Jim Grey

35 thoughts on “Grieving Mariah

1. Mike Eckman says:

I am sorry for your loss Jim. I lost my best friend at 35 from brain cancer and I still miss him every day. :(

2. Tom in Phoenix says:

Jim: Deepest sympathies to you, Jeff and your families. My best friend’s daughter in law passed on a year ago, also at 25.

Of all the people who didn’t need another disaster. Know that the CC prayer chain is working for you.

4. Andrew Karlson says:

Jim, you and your family are in my heart and on my mind at this most terrible of moments. May God guide and attend to you all on this journey of grief.

5. Janet Gause says:

What an amazing photo. That is my daughter Emma with you. I cannot even imagine the pain you all are experiencing right now. I have to say that I think of all of you often as you continue to grieve the loss of Mariah. Please know that I pray for you daily and trust you will all find the strength to heal.

• Janet, we all enjoy having Emma be a part of our family. We’re happy she and Zach found each other!

It has been a crushingly difficult time for us all. Jeff grew up 10 years last week.

• Janet Gause says:

Jim, Thank you for the very kind remarks. We are equally as happy that Emma and Zach have found each other. We just love him and how it has brought so much goodness in Emma. He is a remarkable young man.

Every time I look at the pictures you posted here and read the many comments, it brings tears to my eyes. Our hearts are heavy when we think of what Jeff and all of you have been experiencing. My fiance’ lost his daughter at 29. The pain never truly leaves us, but the memories guide you to heal. Memories can never be taken from us.